City of Park Falls Launches a New Website! Subscribe Today! - March 01, 2018

City of Park Falls is proud to announce the launch of our new website. Subscribe to our site and... [more...]


Sanitation & Recycling

The City of Park Falls contracts with an outside waste management company for solid waste collection and recycling. All residents within the city limits are included in curbside/alley garbage and recycling collection.  Household trash and debris can be disposed of at curbside on your regular garbage service days. If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact us 715-762-2436.

Homeowners are given a 35 gallon garbage cart (blue) and a 95 gallon recycling cart (grey).  These carts have 2 wheels on the back making them very easy to pull to your curbside or alley collection point.  No additional fee is charged for these carts as they are included within the service contract.  Please make sure the lid is able to close on the cart prior to curbside pickup.  Only recycling or garbage within the provided carts will be picked up.  Some items that cannot be placed in either cart are lead acid batteries, drain oil, electronic waste (ex: computers), tires, etc.  We have a transfer station located conveniently within the city limits that is available for any refuse that cannot be disposed of through the use of the provided carts (fees do apply).  Please see below for more information.


Since 1995, Wisconsin State Law has required recycling statewide.  The more you recycle, the less garbage you will have.  For more information on how you can obtain a recycling cart, contact City Hall.  All recyclables will be comingled.  This means all recyclables (paper, plastic, cardboard, glass, etc.) will be put into the same cart and collected at the same time.  Recycling must not be bagged (materials should be "free" within the cart).  Collection will be on every other Thursday.  Please see the calendar below for rotation.  


Pick-up within the Park Falls City limits are as follows:
North of Hwy 182 & the entire East side of the Flambeau River is collected every Monday (or Tuesday following a national holiday). South of Hwy 182 is collected every Tuesday (or Wednesday following a national holiday).  The refuse rate, effective March 7, 2011, is $34 per quarter for every household unit in the city limits.  This fee is included on your water and sewer utility billing.  The fee includes weekly collection and disposal of one cart of garbage.  All garbage must be placed into bags within the cart.  If you should want an additional cart, it will double the fee, wth a minimum of 6 months of use.

Refuse Rates:
$34 quarterly (residential/one unit)

TRANSFER STATION (Phone: 715-762-2922)

Summer Hours of Operation
April through November
Monday through Friday: 
9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Saturday: 8:00 a.m. to Noon

Winter Hours of Operation
December through March
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday: 
9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
1st & 3rd Saturday: 
8:00 a.m. to Noon


All property owners, occupants, pr persons in charge of properties within the City of Park Falls are hereby given notice that in acordance with Section 6-2-7(a) of the Park Falls Municipal Code of Ordinances, sidewalks shall be cleared of all snow and ice within 24 hours from the time snow ceases to accumulate.  If the property owner, occupant, or person in charge fails to keep sidewalks clear of snow and ice, the city shall cause the sidewalks to be cleaned in accordance with Section 6-2-7(b)(1) shall access the costs thereof against the real estate as a special charge.


Any owner of a dog more thatn 5 months of age on January 1 of any year, or 5 months of age within the license year, shall annually, pay the fee and pbtain a license.  (WI State Staute 174.07).  The dog license fee is $10.00 for a male or female and $5.00 for a neutered male or spayed female.  You must also bring a copy of the rabies vaccination certificate for each dog.  Please note that in the City of Park Falls, you are only allowed 3 dogs per household. A late fee of $5.00 will be charged for each dog over 5 months old if the license is not obtained by April 1st of each licensing year.


Relevant Documents